Villa Parent Association (VPA)
Visit any successful school and you will find that parents are actively and passionately involved in its daily life. This is certainly true at Villa Academy, where creative; hardworking parents are part of every aspect of school life.
Through the VPA, parents help in the classroom and on the field, backstage for theatre productions, and in the cafeteria serving lunch daily. Parents raise thousands of dollars through VPA fundraisers so that grants can be awarded to the faculty for enriched learning in the classroom.
Look closely at this multi-talented parent group and you will see that Villa parents share some things in common—a strong belief that parent volunteerism is the strongest model for shaping good service habits among students and a deep commitment to give generously of their professional and personal skills to make Villa Academy a strong school community.
2016-17 VPA OFFICERS
President: Jennifer Porter
Vice-President: Hillary McLaughlin
Secretary: Maureen Smith
Treasurer: Marion Richards
Spirit Store: Amber Beckman, Hillary McLaughlin, Sarah Staiger
VILLA TALKS: PARENT EDUCATION SERIES
The VPA brings in some of the region’s most respected experts to present lectures on a range of parenting issues – from health and wellness, to academic and social issues, to discipline and development, and much more. Watch VikingNET and The Weekly for more information throughout the school year.
SHOP WITH AMAZON SMILE TO BENEFIT THE VPA
It’s easy to shop on behalf of Villa when you bookmark www.smile.amazon.com and designate Villa as your charity of choice.
Here’s how to Shop Amazon Smile:
- In order to generate funds, you must use the ‘smile’ link every time you shop. It won’t work if you shop directly at Amazon.com.
- Search for and Select Villa Academy as your Charity of choice.
- Start shopping! 0.5% of the total of eligible purchases will come to Villa. Villa receives this money approximately 45 days following the end of each quarter.
- You’ll know that a product is eligible for the donation when you see the AmazonSmile Logo on the product detail page below the Stock Status (in green or red if out of stock).
Half a percent may not sound like a lot, but if we all shop to benefit the VPA, we can support programs such as Rainier Scholars, Teacher and Staff Appreciation, and events that make our community stronger.
Upcoming VPA Meetings
8:30 - 10:00 a.m., Parlor (212)
- Thursday, December 15, 2016
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 (Theater)
- Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Thursday, May 18, 2017