“I appreciate the individual attention my daughter receives from all of her teachers at Villa. They communicate to her, our family, and amongst each other on her successes and challenges.”
Inclusion and Diversity at Villa
Villa Academy is a welcoming and inclusive community, committed to the vision and spirit of our founder, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, whose mission was to educate and care for society’s marginalized and most vulnerable, particularly its children, regardless of race, color, creed or background.
Villa’s Faculty, Staff and Parents, therefore, are committed to:
- Graduating students who have a greater cultural competence achieved through knowledge of the needs and attributes of many communities and are preparing for the day when they will take a place in these communities as competent, concerned and responsible members;
- Teaching our students directly and by example, a clear and uncompromised understanding of how our differences are a source of immeasurable strength;
- Nurturing in our students a desire to understand the multiple perspectives of those they encounter resulting in honorable, respectful and meaningful interactions with people from all walks of life;
- Helping our students broaden their views of themselves and others by ensuring that they appreciate their own backgrounds and experiences while honoring the differences of others;
- Learning continually about the value of cultural inclusion and the most effective means to communicate that value, to ensure that our students develop compassionate hearts and confident minds throughout their Villa Academy experience.
We are Villa
- Zip codes - 34
- Ethnicities - 6
- Students of Color - 18.7%
- Financial Aid Recipients - 15%
- Religions Represented - 7
Christianity (4 sects including Catholicism), Hindu, Muslim