Villa Academy welcomes young children to a safe and nurturing world where they develop skills for school readiness.
- Each child’s natural desire to explore is enthusiastically encouraged.
- The need to do, to know, and to understand drives the learning process.
- With each new accomplishment, a sense of confidence and independence emerges.
- Children learn to take on exciting new challenges in an atmosphere filled with creativity, cooperation, and fun!
One of our main goals in preschool is to make sure that each child knows that he or she is special, unique, and valued each and every minute of the day. We help children develop a sense of self and learn to take responsibility for his or her choices. Together we learn to build upon our strengths and work on our challenge areas. Preschool students develop a strong foundation and ready to flourish in kindergarten.
COMFORTABLE, SAFE SPACES
Dedicated learning spaces and a separate age-appropriate playground help young children feel at home in their new surroundings. At the same time, regular visits to the Lower School, Villa library, gym, or theater for school-wide events give preschoolers the advantage of being part of a larger community.
In addition, each Villa Academy preschool class is paired with a lower or middle school class for the school’s “buddy” program. Relationships with older buddies further seal the preschoolers’ sense of belonging to a broader community and bring opportunities for learning, socialization, and fun.
OUR PRESCHOOL CLASSES
Preschool 3 (P3)
- Serves children who are three-years old by August 31
- All children must be toilet trained
- 8:30-11:30 am
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and optional Friday (additional fee)
- Families may register their child for the optional Friday each trimester
Preschool 4 (P4)
- Serves children who are four-years old by August 31
- 8:30-11:30 am with option to stay until 1:30 pm
- Monday - Friday
More Time For Five (P5)
- Serves children who are five-years old by December 31
- Designed for children who miss the Washington state cut-off date for kindergarten (August 31) or children who are eligible, but not yet ready for kindergarten
- 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Monday - Friday
- Give your child the gift of time!
Young children learn best through hands on experiences where they are able to explore and be actively involved in their own learning. Learning in our classroom often looks like play – but it is play with a purpose.
Goals, environments, activities, and manipulative items are carefully planned for and facilitated by our team of dedicated teachers.
Read the complete curriculum here.